I found a cool rain coat at the thrift store. But instead of getting it dry cleaned I threw it in the washer and dryer and the scotch guard or what ever made it repel water came off. I could get it treated again, but I don’t want to be exposed to the toxic chemicals. You know, cancer and all.
One thing I couldn’t stand was the belt. It had a buckle that was too much trouble to fiddle with every time I put on or took off my coat.
So I cut it the belt in half, removed the buckle, and sewed each half into the opened up side seams.
Then I put a strip of elastic in the back at the waist for more definition.
Then I put my own label in.
et voilà! Now I love it!
The waist is more feminine and I will never lose the belt.
I do wish it didn’t suck up the rain, though…